Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Books, Beaches and Birds

Hi everyone!  Sorry for the delayed post.  My goal is for at least two posts a week.  I'll be better about that in the future.

The last week or so has been pretty good.  I'm finished classes for the summer and sill looking for a Co-op job, so I have lots of free time.  After seven days a week of class or work, it's a nice change to have any at all.

I started reading Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer.  I'm on the fourth chapter, and I'm very happy with it so far.  I read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close last year, and it was wonderful.  I love Jonathan Safran Foer's quirky writing style and touching, lively characters.  Both books were suggested to me by two lovely friends, Kaitlin and Elyse, who happen to have really awesome blogs.  You can find Kaitlin at Gold Finch Anchor and Elyse at Microfiche Slide, if you'd like to check them out.

On Thursday, I went down to the beach to read and generally enjoy the scenery.  It's only a five or ten minute drive or a relaxing 45 minute walk to the beach from my house, but I don't make it down all that often.  That's another thing that's going to change.



I've also been spending a lot of time relaxing at home, discovering Netflix and working on a super-secret-project for a friend.  I'll be sure to post the results. 

About a month and a half ago, I set up a bird feeder up in front of my living room window.  I was starting to think that the birds would never use it, but they finally discovered it this week!  And they're ravenous little guys.  I've already had to refill it once, and it's almost empty again. 


I think that the birds are male and female house finches.  I've never seen house finches before, so I'm really excited. I'm sure they've always been here, but I'm awful at spotting birds that aren't in plain sight.

I'm already planning another post for tomorrow, so you'll hear from be again really soon.  Stay classy, blog readers.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe your bird is the same one who visited my milkjug feeder!

    What lovely photos of the beach. How peaceful <3

    ReplyDelete