Saturday, April 30, 2011

An Introduction

Good evening, Internet.  I suppose I should introduce myself.

I'm Kate.  I'm 23, I'm a student, and I'm trying to improve my life.

Recently, I realized that I'm wasting the few short years of my youth and life.  Since I graduated from high school, my life has been pretty dull.  I've been so preoccupied with making rent, getting good grades and stressing over insignificant things that I've forgotten who I am.  I work and study hard so I can make something of myself and improve my life, but I'm throwing away the life I have today.  And I've let the people who tell me that I'm not good enough get to me.  That's not what I want.  I don't want to look in the mirror and dislike the person who stares back at me anymore.

In this blog, I hope to record my efforts to gain a zest for life.  I love to knit, garden, cook, paint, explore, craft, sing, read and write.  These are pleasures that I will deny myself no longer.  I'm going to nurture my creative side.  I'll set goals that mean something to me and reach towards them without hesitation.

Maybe you've felt the same way.  If you have, we can help each other through it.  Or maybe you'll like the awesome projects, recipes and activities I'm going to share with you.  Whatever your reason for reading, I would love to share my life with you.

2 comments:

  1. You are absolutely beautiful in every way. You are a treasured friend to me and I'm so glad you're turning everything around <3 So much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever you're afraid of failure, just remember that it's better to have tried and failed than to have spent the rest of your life wondering.

    Good luck, Katelyn. Everyone needs it when trying new things, but most of all, they need to not be afraid. You lose nothing by diving into anything with both feet.

    ReplyDelete